It means a lot to us that you decided to join REFRESH #5. REFRESH is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants and visitors in any form. Anyone violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments reinforcing social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity, and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour
It is our sincere wish, that all the participants and visitors treat everybody with kindness and respect. If the behaviour of someone during the festival makes you feel unsafe, unwelcome or harms you, please address our Conference staff on-site and/or report the incident to us and we will get back to you immediately.
This anti-harassment policy is based on the example policy from the Geek Feminism wiki, created by the Ada Initiative and other volunteers. geekfeminism.wikia.org